Subscribe RSS
Yep, That’s My Life! Mar 12

I meant to post this last night, but by the end of the day I didn’t feel like doing anything but going to bed. So here it is now, and you just might see a second post from me later today, although I said I wouldn’t write two posts in any given day! 😉

My morning started off quiet, as it normally does. Just a lil FB checking before the babe woke up and I presented her with her morning bottle of milk. Since she continued to play happily by herself, I did some blog reading and played around with a few things on my own site. Everything was still going smoothly, and she didn’t seem ready to eat, so I said, “Hey! Let’s give her a bath now!”

Oh, if only I’d known.

I got her bathed and diapered with minimal issue and then she started to seem hungry. So I made her usual morning oatmeal and plopped her in her high chair to be fed. She refused to eat anything that she didn’t pick up and put in her mouth. After several frustrating moments, I gave up and let the kid at her oatmeal and started straightening up the kitchen. I turned around a few minutes later and found she had oatmeal all over the top half of her little body. /facepalm I should have known better than to let her eat sticky spoon food with her fingers, especially AFTER she’d already had a bath, but hey, it seemed like a good idea at the time! And, if I’d been smart, I would have just thrown her back in the tub and hosed her down rather than spending 10 minutes with washcloth and paper towels scrubbing off the oatmeal. Again, seemed like a good idea at the time.

Shortly after this debacle, she ran off to play on her own again and I continued to attempt to straighten the kitchen. I check on her and find her standing at the gate to the entrance of the kitchen brandishing a drumstick as if it were a samurai sword, or perhaps a lightsaber, and giggling. I was torn. There were several things wrong with this picture, but it was funny enough I went to grab the camera and try to capture it. Didn’t work out very well, but I sure tried before I pried the drumstick from her grasp and replaced it in the game drawer with the other Rock Band paraphernalia.

I gave up on the kitchen shortly thereafter and resumed my computer activities since she was feeling so independent today. It only took about 15 minutes before she’s standing next to my bar stool, patting me on the knee, “Mama! Mama!” So I hopped down and gave her a hug and laid on the floor so she could tackle me. We then curled up and watched a DVR’d episode of Rachael Ray I hadn’t had a chance to watch yet and before I knew it, she was asleep laying across my lap. It’s one of those moments that proves the frustration is worth it. 🙂

Have you had any moments lately that proved all the frustration was worth it?

Category: General
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.